Friday, October 30, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 10/23/15

Jake (9½), Alyssa (7½), Zac (5½), Tyler (3½), Nicholas (10 months)


Happy Friday! This was a pretty typical week filled with Lego-playing, book-reading, dessert-baking, mess-making, and Smiling. Always Smiling.


1. Me: "Generally, girls are better at multitasking than boys are."
Jake, smirking: "What! I can sit on the couch and watch TV at the same time."

2. Tyler, singing: "Row, row, row the boat gently down the street."

3. Tyler: "Nicky's playing with the vacuum!"
Me: "It's ok; he can't hurt it."
Tyler: "He can't swallow it?"

4.Jake gave Nicholas a tomato from the garden.


5. Alyssa, about I'm a Little Tea Pot: "First you're talking about the tea pot and then you're talking about the tea."
When I get all steamed up hear me shout, "Tip me (teapot) over and pour me (tea) out!"

6. Tyler: "You're so cute, Mama!"

7. Me: "How do you know that God's been good to you?"
Zac: "He lets me eat candy."
Me: "Anything else?"
Zac: "He answers our prayers . . . and He gave me a good dad and a good mother."

8. Tyler, about dinner: "Mommy, will you warm mine up?"
Me: "Honey, it is warm."
Tyler: "No, it's not. It's hot."

9. 

10. Tyler: "Mommy, I'm a super hero! Want to play super heroes with me?"
Me: "Sure! Can I have laundry power, so I can bzzzz! and zap all the laundry clean?"
Tyler: "Oh, yeah. This is my power!" {starts jumping and spinning in circles while flailing his arms everywhere}

11. Tyler: "It started to fall, but I catched it!"
Me: "Good job! You caught it."
Tyler: "No, I catched it."
Me: "The proper word is caught."
Tyler: "You caught it, but I catched it."



What made you Smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment