Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 12/11/15

Jake (10), Alyssa (7½), Zac (6), Tyler (3½), Nicholas (11 months)


This week we decorated the house for Christmas; turned the living room into a ball pit; and enjoyed Christmas themed activities, books, and crafts for school time. 



1. Alyssa: "You do a lot. You're a mom, you have 5 kids, {leans in close and whispers with emphasis} Five of them. And you're going to get a sixth, but not any time soon . . . "

2. Zac: "When it feels like your foot is full of beans, does that mean it fell asleep?"

3. Zac: "Why is the duct tape out here?"
Me: "Oh, because I needed to use it."
Zac: "I know why you needed to use it . . . for Nick!"

4.

4. Tyler: "Mama, what's that green on your face?"
Me: "That's my mask. Do you think I'm pretty."
Tyler, smiling: "No."
Me, feigning sadness: "You don't think I'm pretty?"
Tyler: "Mama, when you have that green on your face, you are not pretty. When your face is not green, then you are pretty."

5. Jake: "Do you think when we get to Heaven we'll have toes?"

6. Zac: "Eggnog is my favorite, even though I don't know what it tastes like." 

7. Zac: "I remember when Nicky was just born and he was just a little baby. I want to go back and do it all over again."

8. Tyler: "Mom, why is my pop all soggy?"

9.

10. Alyssa: "Mom, can you list all the things you're good at?"
Jake: "I know what I'm the best at. No one else is better than I am."
Me: "And what's that?"
Jake: "Being me!"

11. Jake, about Nicholas: "Sometimes I just have to squeeze him. That's how cute he is."

12. Tyler: "I know how you make peanut butter. You just need peas and butter. Peas 'n butter. Peana butter."

13. Tyler: "I can count to 100."
Me: "You can? Can I hear?"
Tyler: "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14, 100!"
Me: "Good job, but I think you missed a few."
Tyler, indignantly: "I did not. {counts slowly} 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14. Mommy, I can actually count to 14. And 100."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment