Friday, January 8, 2016

Things That Make Me Smile 1/8/16

Jake (10), Alyssa (7½), Zac (6), Tyler (3½), Nicholas (1)


Happy Friday! What a busy week it's been. I have posted every day so far this year and am slowly whittling away my open drafts. I have only 60+ more to go, ha. If only my kids would stop having birthdays, stop saying funny stuff, and just plain stop doing things, then maybe I could catch up! Ha. I've often said, by the time I have enough time to blog, I won't have anything to blog about anymore.  In the mean time, I'll just do the best I can to record these things for my little ones. And we'll always make time to Smile.
 

1. Jake: "You're the best mom ever. I don't like anyone other girl better than you . . . And Alyssa. And Gramma. And Great Grandma."
 
2. Tyler: "I can't do what I can do."
 
3. Jake, smelling loose red raspberry tea leaves: "This tea smells awkward--awkwardly delicious."
 
4.


5. Alyssa: "Nicky ate some of that?"
Me: "Yeah, he spit out the first bite all over himself."
Alyssa: "Babies are babies, and you can't change that. Unless they grow up."

6. Jake: "Note to self: Play dough does not bounce."

7. Zac: "When I grow up, I want to be rich!"
Me: "Why's that?"
Zac: "Because Gramma and Papa are rich!"

8. Jake: "I feel like I'm not doing enough for school."
Me: "Do you want more work?"
Jake: "Yes." 
 
9. The kids gave me a box of "Godiva" chocolates.


10. I had finished feeding Nicholas in the middle of the night. He sat up and noticed that Tyler was in our bed too. He got a big smile, climbed on top of his brother, and leaned over and gave him the biggest kiss.

11. Tyler, eating a Jolly Rancher: "It tastes like sticky apple."

12. Jake, while listening to a book: "Why would they eat tulip bulbs?"
Me: "Because they were starving. If you get hungry enough, you'll eat just about anything."
Jake: "I would even eat oatmeal."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment