Thursday, June 30, 2016

Things That Make Me Smile 5/20/16

Jake (10), Alyssa (8), Zac (6½), Tyler (4), Nicholas (1)


I promised last week that I would get an extra set of Smiles up within the week. I may have barely made it with only one day to go, but I made it! And another new list will up tomorrow, too. So much Smiling going on!


1. Jake: "When I grow up, do you think my family should come to your house on Fridays, Saturdays, Mondays, or what? I think it would be good if we came over 2 days a week--as long as you don't spoil my kids as much as Gramma and Papa spoil us."

2. I was getting ready for church Sunday morning when Zac popped his head in bathroom and said, "Hi pretty lady!"

3. Tyler picked me "beautiful flowers."


4. Tyler, eating colby jack: "It's a good thing this isn't sharp cheese. That would hurt me." (sharp cheddar)

5. Alyssa, after helping me make and can two batches of jam: "One of my favorite things to do is help you."

6. Tyler, about the jam: "I want a whole bowl of it!"
Me: "You're not going to have a whole bowl of it."
Tyler: "Can I have a whole bowl with a little bit of it?"


7. Tyler: "Mom, I love you and Gramma and Great Gramma and even Alyssa."

8. Jake created a LEGO Game Boy (just from looking at a picture of a real one). He made Super Mario on the screen and even added "batteries" in the back.


9.  Me: "Have you ever heard 'two wrongs don't make a right'?'"
Jake: "But two nots make a yes. (double negative) So what's the difference?"

10. The kids and I were doing a school lesson.
Me: "Sometimes we say things we wish we hadn't. When you do, what are some things you can do or say to make the other person feel better?"
 Zac: "I'll give you a million dollars if you stop crying."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment: