Friday, August 26, 2016

Things That Make Me Smile 7/29/16

Jake (10½), Alyssa (8), Zac (6½), Tyler (4), Nicholas (1½)


Happy Friday! This week we made watermelon jelly, spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool, and made a new batch of play dough.


1. Jake, because the friend he wanted to play with wasn't home: "I'm so bor-"
Me: *face lights up*
Jake: "Nope. Nope, not bored."
Me: "Too bad. I have plenty of chores you could do."

2. Zac, heading to bed: "I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of my best days ever."

3. Jake, because Alyssa had spent the night at my parents' house: "Can I call Alyssa and talk to her for 5 hours?"
Me: "No."
Jake: "Can I talk to her until your phone dies?"
Me:"No."
Jake: "Can I talk to her until Gramma's phone dies?"
Me: "No."
Jake: "Can I talk to her for 5 minutes?"
Me: "Yes." 

4.

5. Tyler: "Zachy, do you have a little mouth?"
Zac: "Yeah. So do you."
Tyler: "Yeah, I have a little mouth, and you have a little mouth, but Mom has a big mouth!"

6. Listening to the kids sitting in bed at night, rating my cooking with stars.

7. Zac: "Can we do origami now?"
Me: "Yes."
Zac: "You're the best mom anyone could ever have." 

8. Tyler: "Mama, I have three words for you: I, love, you.

9.

10. Alyssa wearing a fancy party dress and playing with a sword and shield.

11. Zac, whispering in the other room: "Come on! Mom always falls for it!" And then his little face peeked around the corner.
Me: "I always fall for what?"
Zac: "Uhhhhh . . . "


What made you Smile this week?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment