Friday, October 28, 2016

Things That Make Me Smile 9/30/16


 Jake (10½), Alyssa (8½), Zac (6½), Tyler (4½), Nicholas (1½)


Happy Friday! What made you Smile this week?

1. Me, at Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies: "Ooh, those sharks are ugly."
Alyssa: "It's a good thing they can't hear you. They'd be mad."

2. Jake: "You know this song?"
Me: "Yes, it's Raffi. I had this on a record when I was little."
Jake: "A record?"
Me: "Yes."
Jake: "You mean one of those big, black, CD-type of things?"
Me: "Yes."
Jake: "Whoa! Those are . . . something I'm not going to say."

3. Jake, about Nicholas: "He's so cute and adorable . . . yet so destructive."

4. Geocaching with the family.


5. I was checking over Alyssa math work . . .
Question: John had 11 marbles. He lost 9  of them. How many does he have now?
Her Answer: 2. This is a trick question. He still has them. He just can't get them.
She then told me, "They're probably just under the couch or something. He still has them, unless they get vacuumed up."

6. Leighton, teaching: "Sometimes I wear gloves at work when I'm dealing with oily things." 
A child in our class at church: "Like pizza!" 
 
7. Tyler: "What is that red stuff?"
Me: "Ground beef."
Tyler: "Oh, I thought it was brain."

8. Jake: "You don't have to have a gun to go hunting. You could have a bow and arrow."
Zac: "Or a rocket launcher!"

9. Jake trying to complete his schoolwork.


10. Tyler: "I know when I was a baby. When I was first made, right, Mom?"

11. Jake: "How come you get so much?"
Me: "Because I'm bigger than you. Bigger body, more elderberry syrup."
Jake: "But look how tall I am!"
Me: "And you weigh what, 60 pounds or so? I'm nearly twice your weight."
Jake: "Whoa! You weigh--"
Me: {giving warning look, thinking he's going to comment about how much that is}
Jake: "It's just . . . you're lighter than you look."


What made you Smile this week?
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment