Saturday, February 11, 2017

Blessing from a Stranger


We were at the store today when I noticed an older lady smiling at our family. She had just stopped in the middle of the aisle and was watching as the kids talked and laughed together. I caught her gaze and returned her smile. We moved on, but she stood there, smiling still. 

A few minutes later, I was kneeling down looking at something on the next aisle over. She walked up to me, bent down, and placed money in my hands. She explained that she had a daughter and son-in-law who had 5 children--4 boys and 1 girl--who live in Washington. Our family reminded her of her own that she loves and misses so much and she wanted to bless us because of it.

Fast forward one hour and another store. We were standing in line at the checkout at the thrift store when one of the kids noticed a large bag of Legos. I looked at the price and determined that it cost too much. Immediately, our cashier offered them to us for another amount--40% off. I shop at this store often and have never once seen them change a price. 

Never.

Until today.


Here we are now with thousands of new Legos, paid for mostly by a complete stranger (and made possible by another). I am humbled by her generosity and hope to be able to bless others like that one day. 

Too often we talk about the negativity, but there are still nice people in this world. 

It doesn't always mean giving money. It could be a smile, a kind word, or a helping hand. 

Be those nice people.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing. I can't think of a nicer family for this to happen to. :)

    ReplyDelete