Saturday, April 1, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 3/17/17

Jake (11), Alyssa (8½), Zac (7), Tyler (4½), Nicholas (2)



Happy Weekend! This week, Jake made giant soft pretzels, we read lots of books, and shared many Smiles.


1. Jake, making up a joke: "Which book of the Bible is named after a fruit? . . . Lemontations. 

2. Tyler, to Alyssa: "Sissa, I love you."

3. Nicholas helping my mom wash dishes after dinner.


4. There was a bad storm and we lost power shortly after church began, but continued as normal. When we picked up the kids from their classes after the service was over, they said, "This was the best Wednesday night ever!"

5. Jake, about my aunt in Texas: "We see her only once a year. That's not enough."

6. Jake, making up a joke: "What animal always have a bad attitude? . . . A crab."

7. Alyssa: "Why does my arm look like colby jack cheese?"

8. Zac, making up a joke: "What type of food do fishermen hate the most? . . . Leeks!"

9.I was making chocolate chip cookies. When I turned around, I saw that Nicholas has stolen the dough-covered beater off the counter and was innocently sitting and eating it.


10. Jake wanted me to take a silly picture of him. After he saw it, he told me I could delete it.
Me: "No way! I'm going to show it at your wedding."
Jake: "Well, whoever I marry is going to love me for who I am, not what I've done." 

11. I climbed on the counter to reach the top of the mirror to wash it.
Nicholas: "No fall, Mama.Careful. No fall. {holds his arms out so I'll jump into them} Catch you."


What made you Smile this week?
 
Pin It

1 comment: