Friday, June 2, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 5/19/17

Jake (11), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2)


Happy Friday!  This week we celebrated Mother's Day, made many preparations for vacation, played outside, and enjoyed some read-alouds. What were your Smiles this week?


1. Tyler: "How many minutes until we get home, Mama?"
Me: "I don't know."
Tyler: "You don't know? Well then, how many seconds until we get home?"

2. Tyler: "Mom! I have 125 monies!"

3. Tyler: "Mom, can I pause with my yogurt?"
Me: "Pause with it?"
Tyler: "Yeah, pause. It means to take a tiny break, to stop for a minute." 

4.

5. Nicholas got the mail with me. He picked up the package sitting on the porch and shouted to the mailman down the street: "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, guy!"

6. Alyssa, her third time reading Captain Absolutely: "The last time I read this, it made me want to read my Bible more."

7. Jake: "Since tomorrow is Mother's Day, I washed really well in the shower. I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I think I rubbed my skin off. Feel how smooth it is."
8.

9.  Jake: "It's kinda hard to believe Dad loves us. I mean, he leaves us every day until 5:00. I think he does it just to get away from the chaos."
Me: "You sound like your mother."
Jake: "That's where I got it."

10. Alyssa: "Mom, you know what's really cool about books with no pictures? You can make up your own with the details they give you. It's the best part." 
What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment: