Friday, September 15, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 9/15/17

Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2 1/2)



Happy Friday! This week I'm thankful for family and friends who have provided meals as I continue to heal. Their love and generosity have made this experience easier. Even in unpleasant situations, there are always reasons to Smile.


1. Tyler, after Nicholas jumped on his back and they both fell off the couch: "That was the best . . . fall . . . ever!"

2. How almost every book Alyssa reads is "the best book ever!"

3. Leighton, after giving Tyler directions: "Ok?"
Tyler: {emphatically}"Ok! . . .{hesitantly} But I don't exactly know what you said."

4. Tyler: "I smile at you all the time because I love you."

5.

6. Leighton brought up a load of laundry, but as I started folding it, I realized it was still damp. He took it to put it back in the dryer and brought up another basket of clean clothes.
Me, teasing: "What is this? I reject one, so you bring up another?"
Alyssa: "Kinda like the colonists and the taxes!"

7. Tyler: "Mama, I forgot, what's a mice called when it's only one?"

8. Nicholas, in bed, singing 'Jesus Loves Me': "Bible tell me He love meeeee!"

9. Jake: "I never met a cake I didn't like."

10. Jake: "Dee-ssert."
Tyler: "Dessert."
Jake: "It's dee-ssert."
Tyler: "Mommy, is it dee-ssert or dessert?"
Me: "You can pronounce it however you want."
Tyler: "Oh, good! I'm calling it bologna!"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment: