Sunday, February 11, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 1/26/18

Jake (12), Alyssa (9 1/2), Zac (8), Tyler (5 1/2), Nicholas (3)


Happy Weekend! This week we built some reading forts, made some of our favorite granola, and enjoyed a corned beef meal made by Jake.


1. The kids were sitting in the living room playing with K'nex. Zac jumped up, ran over to me, and held a creation over my head. "You're under mistletoe! You have to kiss me!" Then he puckered.

2. Jake: "Heaven is like Paradise, but better."
Alyssa: "Yeah, it's Paradise Plus."

3. We spent the day at the science center with friends.


4. Me: "Wow! You're good at that!"
Nicholas, putting away toys: "You are, too!"

5. Alyssa: "I like the dentist. He said I didn't have any cavities. He's my best friend now."

6. Jake, teasing: "Will you tell Alyssa to stop pinching me, please? I'm trying to punch Zac and she won't let me."

7. Nicholas, looking at books on the shelf: "What dis one?"
Me: "Guess How Much I Love You."
Nicholas: ". . . So much! {pointing to the book} What dis one?"
Me: "Guess How Much I Love You."
Nicholas: "So much! {picking up the book} What dis one?"
Me: "Guess How Much I Love You."
Nicholas: "So much! {showing me the book} What dis one?"
Me, laughing: "That's the name of the book. {pointing to each word} Guess How Much I Love You.
Nicholas: "Oh . . . So much!"


8. Jake, laughing: "Tyler literally thinks people from the 1960s were black and white."
Me: "Whaaat?"
Jake: "Last night we were talking in bed and he says, 'Are we in the 1960s or something? Everything is black, white, light gray, and dark gray.' And he was serious."

9. Tyler: "Mama, I love you."
Nicholas: "I love muffrooms!"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment