Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 2/2/18

Jake (12), Alyssa (9 1/2), Zac (8), Tyler (5 1/2), Nicholas (3)


This week we went to an animal demonstration at the library (and got to pet an alligator!), I celebrated a birthday, and the kiddos created a lot of art from painting both in the bathtub and on paper to making beaded necklaces to sewing and knitting more.


1. Jake: "I made up a new joke last night. Sir Lancelot was fighting a troll and cut off his feet. He said, "Ha! I have de-feeted you!"

2. Me: "Why are you being so good out here?"
Tyler: {giggles}
Me: "Are you always this good?"
Tyler: "No."
Me: "Well, at least you're honest."
Tyler: "Mommy, you're silly."

3. Nicholas wanted to touch the tarantula, whereas Alyssa wouldn't even look at it.


4. Nicholas, because I gave him water in a cup after the dishwasher finished running: "It's so hot! Did you put it in the oven?"

5. Cashier, at the thrift store: "Are you guys out of school today?"
Alyssa: "We're homeschooled."
Cashier: "Oh, that's right! I forgot. I ask you that every time, don't I?"
Me: "Actually, we do a four-day week. We don't school on Fridays at all."
Cashier, smiling: "So, see? You are out of school today!"

6. Alyssa: "Thank you for letting me (splatter) paint yesterday. And thank you for not getting mad that I got paint on the table."

7. Alyssa using an animal book for inspiration.


8. Tyler: "I am your knight in shiny armor."

9. Tyler: "I can see reeeeaaally far. I'm pretty sure I can see 100 inches."
Me: "Whoa."
Tyler: "I'm serious, Mom. I'm sure I can. Well, I think."



What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment